This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your persoal datat through the use of https://www.jessicalaura.co.uk, including any informatioon you may provide through my site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to my newsletter or take part in a prize draw or ompetition.
My full details: Jessica Waters
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s OFfice (ICO), the supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)
I would be grateful if you would contact me frst if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
It is very mportant that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by email me at the above address.
What Data I Collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process certain types of persona data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, sate of borth and gender.
- Contact data may include your email address, contact/delivery address and telephone number/s.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communications preferences.
How I collect your data
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in a form or by communicating with me by post, email or otherwise, including when you:
- Subscribe to my email list or publications
- Request resources
- Complete the comment form on a post or provide feedback
- Automated technologies or interations: As you use my site, I may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. This is collected using cookies, server logs and similar.
How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of you personal data are:
- Where I need to perform the contract between us (ie. to send regular emails);
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
I requie this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve my products and services
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you my find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, I may also use you information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal gound for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications and on first subscribing to any email list. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” on the emails received, or by emailing me direrctly.
I am commited to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information I collect online.
Mobile Device Privacy
The following applies to my site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile device, my site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on you mobile device, my site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use my website. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be assiciated with your user account with me, or with your personally identifiable informaition.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web service to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from you omputer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies wil remain stored on your computer unti deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. I will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. I will use the persistent cookies to enable my website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of my website.
In most internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. WIth cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.
Dislosure of your personal data
I wil not disclose your information to any third parties except as follows:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud preventions and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business that I am (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competant authority for disclsure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority woud be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting , or reporting requirements.
By law, must reain basic information about my customers/subscribers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave my site, please note that I do not have any control over that other website. I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not goverened by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Legal Rights
You have rights under datat protection laws, under certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to you personal data held;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of you personal data;
- Request restriction of proccessing you personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rigts set out above, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee fif your request is clearly unfounded, repetitie or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request n these circumstances.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.